Aimed at distinguishing an outstanding PhD thesis in any aspects of Aerosol Science and Technology.
PhD thesis defended between 15 June 2018 and 14 June 2019, which has received a grade Excellent Cum Laude. The dissertation should have been defended in a Portuguese or Spanish University and may be written in Portuguese, Spanish or English. The applicant or supervisor must be registered in RICTA2019.
The PhD Thesis Prize Committee, appointed by the organizing committee, will evaluate the applications and select a winner based only on the documentation provided in the applications, and taking the following criteria into account:
- Originality and novelty of the thesis problem
- Scientific impact of the research
- Contributions of the dissertation to the field of Aerosol Science and Technology
- Impact onto related fields
- Publications associated with the thesis
- Presentations at technical conferences of the thesis work
- Other relevant merits considered by the evaluation committee
Applicants should submit the following documentation:
- An extended abstract (up to 5 pages) of the dissertation, including precise keywords
- A CV of the candidate, including a list of publications connected with the thesis
- Certificate(s) attesting the Institution that awarded the degree, date of defense and grade
A PDF version of the documents should be submitted until 17th June 2019.